Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering – BarcelonaTech-UPC
Jordi Girona 1-3, Building B-1, Office 114
Tel. (+34) 93 401 72 66
- Associate Professor of Transportation since 2016. (Assistant Professor between 2007-2016)
- Coordinator or the Master Program on Supply Chain, Transport and Mobility. UPC – BarcelonaTech (since 2016).
- Head of traffic research division at CENIT (Center for Innovation in Transport, 2008-2012).
- 18 papers in indexed journals (in 15 of them as the 1st autor)
- Director of 1 PhD thesis and advisor of 25 graduate theses.
- Lead researcher in two projects belonging to the Spanish Research Plan (2013-15;2016-19).
- 12 research contracts with private companies and public institutions.
- Reviewer for the Spanish National Research Commission, for the ETH Zurich Research Commission, for the Swiss National Foundation (SNF) and for several high impact SCI journals: Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, IEEE Transactions on ITS, Transportation Research – Part C, Journal of Intelligent Transportation and Transportation Science, among others.
- 2015. Recipient of a mobility fellowship under the NILS Science and Sustainability Programme for Individual Mobility (ABEL‐IM‐2014B)
- 2014. Finalist in the Young Researcher of the Year 2014 Award. International Transport Forum (OECD).
- 2013. Outstanding Ph.D. Thesis Award. UPC–BarcelonaTech.
- 2012. II Young Researcher Award. X Congreso de Ingeniería del Transporte. Best paper presented by researchers under 35 years old.
- 2011. VIII Abertis Prize Winner. Best 2010 Doctoral Thesis in the field of transportation infrastructure management.
- Visiting researcher position (2015) at TØI, Institute of Transportation Economics – Norwegian Center for Transport Research, Oslo, Norway.
- Two visiting scholar appointments at the University of California at Berkeley (USA), hosted by Prof. Carlos Daganzo (2007) and Prof. Michael Cassidy (2012).
- PhD in Civil Engineering. UPC-BarcelonaTech (2010)
- Postgraduate diplomas in Port Operations, Public Works Management and Private Management of Infrastructures (2005-2006)
- MEng in Civil Engineering. UPC-BarcelonaTech (2004)
- Research interests: traffic analysis and management, improvement of urban mobility and optimization of transportation operations
- 18 papers in indexed journals (in 15 of them as the 1st autor; 7 in the 1st quartile IF)
- 1 Monograph (published in Springer Tracts on Transportation and Traffic)
- 2 book collaborations / chapters (one edited by OECD publishing)
- 1 PhD thesis & 25 Master thesis directed
- 32 publications in conference proceedings
- Over 50 participations in research conferences, seminars, courses and invited talks, both at national and international levels.
- and 24 media collaborations
- Transportation [Degree in Civil Engineering, 6th Semester, Core subject]
- Urban Mobility [Master in Civil Engineering; 3rd Semester; Optional]
- Operations in Transportation [Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Transport and Mobility, 1st Semester, Core subject]
- Traffic [Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Transport and Mobility, 2nd Semester, Core subject for major in Transport and Mobility]